Saturday, July 2, 2011

Days 8 & 9, 1,334 pages


Days 8 & 9 : June 30th and July 1st, 2011
Current Book : Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, page 249
Total pages read : 1,334 of 4,100 (33% completed)

     So I've gotta say that I'm loving the introduction into the wizarding world in this book. Sure, we've been getting bits and pieces as each book comes along (as Dawn mentioned when she talked about Floo powder, etc). But GoF has such a great opportunity with the Quidditch World Cup! The little kid running off with his dad's wand, the child zooming around on a toy broomstick (which we later learn Harry used to have!!), etc. And again, over these past two days I've randomly found myself laughing out loud... to have my family ask me what exactly I'm laughing at! Most of the quotes I picked are humorous.

     One that really made me laugh was the situation where the old wizard Archie wants to wear a nightgown and a Ministry wizard tries to convince him to wear pants to blend in. It reminded me of an animation I saw forever ago. Quote found in animation, no need for me to type it up!  http://creativefamily.net/emmy/mugglepants/ (Be sure to hit up the "Supa Dance Mix" at the end!)

     "You're eating again, I notice," said Ron, watching Hermione adding liberal amounts of jam to her toast too. "I've decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights," said Hermione haughtily. "Yeah...and you were hungry," said Ron, grinning. Here comes S.P.E.W.! Haha I'm never gonna get tired of Ron making fun of Hermione.

     "Oh Professor, look! I think I've got an unaspected planet! Oooh, which one's that, Professor? "It is Uranus, my dear," said Professor Trelawney, peering down at the chart. "Can I have a look at Uranus too, Lavender?" said Ron. Most unfortunately, Professor Trelawney heard, and it was this, perhaps, that made her give them so much homework at the end of the class. Ahahahahahahahahahahaha I laughed so hard at this one, I had to read it out loud to my family. 

        And finally, a serious quote! Mr. Weasley is introducing Harry to Ministry folks. "...and that's Bode and Croaker... they're Unspeakables..." "They're what?" "From the Department of Mysteries, top secret, no idea what they get up to..." Ahhh here we go! The Department of Mysteries scene in OotP is one of my favorites of the whole series! This subtle introduction of the department got me excited :)

     Only 2,766 pages to go!

2 comments:

Zach said...

2 things. 1: I love that you love Ron making fun of Hermione, because it's just like you making fun of any one of our female friends (Michelle...Katie...Dawn... :P) 2: Note on Bode and Croaker... Remember the name Bode. He becomes important in the 5th one, if I remember correctly. :P

Josh Weiland said...

1 : YUP! Haha
2 : YES!